Water discharge hose is a common material for water discharge in road, tunnel, green belt, pool and other abandoned places. Besides, it’s a necessary tool for irrigation. However, there are PVC water discharge hose and rubber water discharge hose on the market. Some people may not sure which one is better. Thus let me introduce you the advantages and disadvantages of both.
Advantages of PVC water discharge hose
1. It has great corrosion, aging and impact resistance. With a long service life, it’s an ideal material for structure water and chemical pollution discharge.
2. Easy to install. The weight of PVC hose is just 1/7 of the cast iron one with the same diameter. Thus it can help speed up the engineering schedule and reduce the construction charge.
3. Smooth inner wall makes it hard to block. Besides, special designed check hole makes it convenient to check.
4. Cost saving. The comprehensive cost of PVC water discharge hose is much lower than metal one. Of course, the maintenance cost is also lower.
We can see PVC water discharge hose has so many advantages. However, it still has disadvantages.
1. Easy to aging. Because of the strong ultraviolet in the wild, the service life will be not long, which is only 10 years.
2. UPVC water discharge hose has poor pressure and low temperature resistance. Besides, it has bad heat and flame resistance.
3. Loud noise. Because the inner wall is smooth, the water can’t flow along with the wall. It is a mass inside and crush the hose.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of PVC discharge hose, let’s analyze the rubber water discharge hose.
1. Rubber water discharge hose has higher tensile and compress strength, but it’s not flexible as PVC hose.
2. Small fluid resistance. The inner wall is very smooth and cause small resistance to the fluid. Thus the water transfer ability could be 20% higher than metal pipe and 40% than concrete pipe.
3. Excellent corrosion and chemical resistance. Rubber water discharge hose resists acid and alkali. Besides, it is immune to moisture and acid soil. Thus you don’t have do do anti-corrosion work during the installation.
We can see both of the PVC and rubber water discharge hose have their advantages. Therefore, you should choose water discharge hose according to your work condition. If you still not sure, contact EverFlex. We will offer you the best solution.