Recent years, there are many chemical accidents happened. For example, a serious accident happened in Shandong province. A liquid ammonic tanker and the load hose exploded during the unload work. Then it caused large amount of liquid ammonic leak. This caused 24 people died and 30 people get toxic. Besides, more than 3000 people had to move to a safe place. This is a typical accident caused by LPG hose.
What cause LPG hose explode?
Depend on the research, the inspection body and person only focus on the check of tank and metal hose. While they often ignore the check to the hose. But in fact, hose is one of the safe factors in gas station. Besides, some of the hoses are bad in quality. While they come from the tiny workshop. Besides the bad quality, it doesn’t have any certificate and production standard. Once exposed under the strong sunlight it may crack. While the rain and snow can corrode it. Then it will age and fail. Thus it may burst during the load and unload work.
1. The hose should be corrosion proof and oil oil proof
2. Joints on both sides should crimp tightly
3. Pressure resistance should be at least 4 times than the work pressure
4. Once the hose age, distort or crack, change a new one at once.
5. The hose should pass a series of tests such as tensile strength and aging ratio
6. There should not be bubble, crack and sink on the hose surface
Besides a quality hose, you should pay more attention to the regular check and repair. In fact, you’d better test the pressure property each year. While the test should be at least 5 min. If use frequently, you’d better change the hose every 2 years.
The quality as well as correct use of LPG hose not only concern the smooth work, but also concern your safety. If you have any question about such hose, contact Everflex now.