Static is one of the most dangerous problem for rubber products like rubber hose. Then next, let me show you how it appears and what kind of danger it causes.
How static appears on rubber products
1. In the production process of rubber products, rubber will contact and wear with others. While these can be metal, wood, cotton, chemical fiber cloth, etc. Then charge transfer occurs to form the semi-finished product with static during producing.
2. The resistance of most rubber products is greater than 109Ω/cm. Thus the static charge is not easy to leak. Therefore, the production of static is much greater than the leakage. Then the static will accumulate in the product.
With these conditions, static can cause fire and explosion
1. There must be sufficient static charge on the separated interface. Besides, a potential difference sufficient to generate static discharge.
2. The energy of static discharge must be enough to ignite and flammable mixture.
3. Static discharge must be generated in flammable mixtures that reach the explosive range.
4. A human body insulated from the ground may be with static. Then it forms a “charged human body”.
5. When there is a potential difference between the human body and other objects and reaches a certain value, spark discharge will occur.
The main hazards caused during the process of rubber products
1. In areas where there are flammable mixtures in the space. When the content is within the explosion limit range. If the energy of static discharge is greater than or equal to the min ignition energy, explosion and fire may occur.
2. When there is a difference in the human body and other objects and discharge occurs. The human body suffers an electric shock. It not only affects the person’s health, but may also cause secondary accidents.
3. In the process of rubber products, static will affect the quality
4. The wave generated by static will interfere with the normal operation of electronics.