In the former pieces, we learned PU lining layflat fire hose and what the bad quality fire hose brings. We also learned how to avoid bad quality fire hose. This time let’s learn how to operate and maintain fire hose.
1. When connect to the interface, set a soft protection layer, then tight it with a clamp.
2. Avoid the direct action of fire and radiant heat. Specially pay attention that don’t touch the high temperature things directly.
3. Keep the fire hose away from oil, acid, alkali and other corrosive chemicals
4. When set fire hose, avoid the sharp things and oils. If set the vertical hose from high places, you should use hooks. However, if the hose should through the railway, it should under the rail. So that it can avoid press by the train.
5. You’d better not drag the hose on the ground. Besides, try to hold the hose when need to change a position. Only these can reduce the wear.
6. In order to avoid the freezing, you should keep a small fluid in the fire scene in cold winter.
7. Before charge in water, keep the fire hose straight to avoid the distortion. Besides, protect the connectors well and not crush it.
Fire hose has its own service life, but it will reduce with a bad maintenance. Therefore, maintain the fire hose after use will prolong its lifespan. However, how to maintain it?
1. Clean the fire hose after use, especially the foam one. You should clean it entirely to protect the rubber layer. To eliminate the oil, you can use warm water with soap.
2. Store the fire hoses according to material. For example, store PVC fire hose in a shelf and rubber hose in another shelf.
3. After the clean, you have to dry it up, then store it in a ventilation place. What’s more, keep it away from direct sunlight.