Vulcanization is an important part of rubber production and processing. In order to achieve the best vulcanization effect, it is necessary to use a vulcanizing agent reasonably. As a professional rubber processing manufacturer, we will introduce the precautions for using vulcanizing agents.
Prior to vulcanization, the amount of mix and vulcanizing agent is first weighed proportionally. When adding a vulcanizing agent, it is recommended to follow the steps below.
1. First clean the hygiene of the open mill to ensure its cleanliness to prevent mixing of other impurities. Then, the roll gap of the mill is adjusted to a minimum, and the rubber compound is put into the open mill for thinning. After the thin pass is completed, the roll gap of the mill is appropriately enlarged, and the rubber compound is evenly wrapped on the roll. The surface temperature of the rubber compound should be around 80 °C.
2. By adjusting the roll distance and properly passing the cooling water, the temperature of the rubber compound is controlled at about 60~80 °C. At this point, the vulcanizing agent is started to be put into the rubber compound.
Precautions when placing vulcanizing agent:
1. The vulcanizing agent should be evenly placed in the mixing rubber instead of being concentrated in one place.
2, the delivery speed can not be too fast. The dispensing speed is fast, the vulcanizing agent is easy to fall below, and it is not easy to disperse into the rubber compound, which will affect the performance of the rubber compound.
3. The vulcanizing agent falling under the drum should be placed in the mixing rubber.
4. After the vulcanizing agent and the vulcanization accelerator are not visible, the cutting is started, twice each. To allow the vulcanizing agent and the vulcanization accelerator to be better dispersed in the rubber mixture, it can be confirmed by observing the form of the vulcanizing agent and the vulcanization accelerator: if it is changed from a solid to a sticky silk, it is further kneaded to In the rubber, the mixing effect is good.
5. Remove the rubber compound and make a thin pass. When thinning, the roll distance of the mill should be adjusted to a minimum; the number of thin passes is 4~5 times.
When making the film, it must be in accordance with the thickness required for the molding of the product. The whole process needs to be noted that the completion time should not be too long, otherwise the Mooney viscosity and physical properties will be reduced.